Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Who is a Real Republican?

So the latest allegations from some people is that I don't consider anyone a "Republican" if they committed a crime or some impropriety just so I could wash my hands off such people and claim that all Republicans are blameless.
Such aspersions are defamatory in nature, as I'm openly critical of anyone I (not the left or the Trump followers or anyone else, but I personally) consider have done something seriously wrong. James Comey is one such person. If claims of Bill O'Reilly's sexual harassment are true, he also fits that category. One's political registration has absolutely nothing to do with one's moral code, obviously. 
And I'd be the last person to question anyone's political affiliation after the hell I've been through last year over my lack of support for either nominee in the presidential election. If you claim you are a registered Republican, you are. I may consider you a RINO on the basis of having beliefs that are overall entirely inconsistent with the Republican platform or for having a poor voting record on central issue, but I will not try to pretend that someone who has committed a crime or done something unethical is not a "real" Republican on the basis of that, any more than I would consider a Jew who has committed a crime, not a "real" Jew. You may be acting completely inappropriately as a Jew, but that doesn't mean you are not Jewish.
And yes, I totally went there, because the NEXT step after these disgusting allegations about how I judge people is this anti-Semitic trope.

No comments:

Post a Comment